The Stem Cell Evaluation Technology Research Association (SCA) aims for implementation of experiment and research for development of evaluation technologies for practical use of human stem cells in cooperation with members participating in SCA. It also aims for improvement of technology levels of the members and implementation of the business for practical applications.
It conducts the following activities to accomplish its aims.
- (1) To perform the development of evaluation technologies for practical use of human stem cells on behalf of members
- (2) To manage the results of activities mentioned in the preceding item on behalf of members
- (3) To perform technical guidance for members
- (4) To allow members to use its facilities for their experiment and research.
- (5) The activities incidental to those mentioned in the preceding items
In this project, SCA performs the development of each process of expansion culture, differentiation culture, isolation and purification, processing, preservation, quality control etc. of human stem cells suitable for target diseases. In addition, it constructs manufacturing systems by optimally combining each process and executes manufacturing and evaluation of human stem cells.